Rules & Regulations
The Young Euregio Piano Award 2022 is organized by the Konzertdirektion Koltun gUG and will be held ONLINE during February 2022. The piano Competition will be open to young pianists of all nationalities. In case of differences of interpretation of the competition Regulations, the German text will be held as definitive.
Contestants are kindly advised to make travel arrangements individually. Hotel recommendations will be announced soon.
The Young Euregio Piano Award is divided into 5 age categories:
- Category A (up to 8 years)
- Category B (from 9 to 11 years)
- Category C (from 12 to 14 years)
- Category D (from 15 to 17 years)
- Category E (from 18 to 28 years)
ONLINE COMPETITION SCHEDULE
- 1st February 2022 - Application deadline
- 10th February 2022 - Announcement of the 1st round results
- 20th February 2022- Announcement of the Final results
General Conditions & Rules
- The whole repertoire must be played by memory.
- Applicants are only allowed to take part in one age category. The competition in all age categories will be held in 2 ONLINE rounds.
- participants are not allowed to repeat any of the pieces that they already played in 1st Round for the 2nd round.
- The jury can interrupt the performance if the max. time limit has reached.
- The Jury can decide to not award or to share prizes.
- The decision of the jury is final and will not be subjected to reviews or appeals.
- All necessary documents for participation must be received by the Competition Secretary by email on February 1st 2022 at the latest.
- Each competitor is responsible for all costs that may be incurred by participation in the Competition.
- By appyling the participants agree to all terms and conditions.
VIDEO RECORDING REGULATION
- It is allowed to record seperate complete pieces, they can be also from different dates. Pieces with more mouvements (for example Sonatas) must be recorded in one take. Video Recordings, which are edited or processed inside complete pieces, will be not accepted to take part.
- Only Video Recordings on Grand Pianos or upright pianos are allowed.
- The Video Recording must be done between 2021 & 2022.
- The Camera view must show the face and hands of the participant during the complete performance. It is not allowed to have cuts (diffrent camera views) during the performance.
- The Video Recording must have a reasonable video and audio quality (at least 720p) with no background noise.
- Both Performances for 1st & 2nd round hast to be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 1st February 2022.
- Please upload and submit the video recording files via link using youtube and sent the link. If Youtube cannot be used, the video can be uploaded to another online service where they must be streamed without downloading (Youku, etc.).
- Please name the uploaded file in the following order:
Category, name, surname, round1;
Category, name, surname, round2
The program can be put into the discription.
- The Competition reserves the exclusive rights to re-upload the video submitted by contestants for marketing or any other promotion.
No appeal shall be possible against decisions by the Jury or by the Competition Directors. The Konzertdirektion Koltun gUG (organisation of the YOUNG EUREGIO PIANO AWARD 2022) is sole holder of
the rights to all video or audio recordings and Internet broadcasts in all stages of the Competition. Competitors cede to the Konzertdirektion KOltun gUG, without remuneration, the rights to the
a) performances of works during the the whole Competition
b) performances of works during the concerts for participants and the final-concert
c) photographic and recorded images taken during participation in the Competition and the concerts.
These rights are unlimited in time and space for the following purposes:
- reproduction (all forms)
- placing on computer memory, internet or other networks
- public play-back and performance
- broadcasting by wired or wireless sound or vision by terrestrial or satellite stations
- simultaneous and integral radio and television transmission and retransmission.
The exploitation of these rights in the ways set out above will be carried out by individuals, firms, radio and television stations and record labels authorised to do so by the Konzertdirektion Koltun gUG.
For reasons of competition planning the competitors are required to report in time.
All organizational decisions concerning the Competition remain the responsibility of the Competition Management. The Management reserves the right to make all final decisions in the event of any misunderstanding.
The application fee cannot be returned after application deadline.
In some cases foreign competitors will need visas. Applicants should consult the nearest German Embassy or Consulate for advice. The participants will get in official invitation letter, which they can use to apply the visa.
By sending the application form the participants declare that they approve the terms and conditions mentioned in the regulations.
Because of the Covid 19 Pandemic the competition schedule can be changed or modifite due to the country's government imposed restrictions. The competition will updated any changes as quick as possible.